Pages

Monday, May 9, 2011

Weekends Are A Constant Struggle!

Oh, the weekends. I have such high hopes but every weekend is a fail. Sometimes not bad but sometimes epic and this weekend was no different.

We started out good by going to the farmers market and getting some fruit for the week. I even packed some popcorn and water for a snack. But then my husband decides to go to the bakery portion and of course the children go right behind him. He didn't see my "WHY ARE YOU GOING IN THERE?!" face. So, the kids ended up with a doughnut. I should have just said "NO".

Saturday afternoon, I took the kids to Toys-R-Us so my daughter could get her reward doll. I should have left my son at home. So 45 minutes and $75 later we get out of there.

We had lunch at Chipotle. The nutritionist said we could have lunch there as long as there was no cheese and sour cream on the burrito bowl. For dinner, was potluck style, I guess you could call it. My daughter had a lean cuisine chicken dinner and no vegetables. *fail*

Mother's Day breakfast was pancakes and sausage, KFC for lunch and Chili for dinner. The store was out of lean ground turkey so I got the lean ground beef.

We all watched too much TV, played too many games, we did not exercise enough, we didn't eat enough vegetables and did not drink enough water. 

Weekends are a struggle! I guess it could have been worse. We could have done like we used to and eat out almost every meal.

We H.A.V.E. to do better next weekend.  I have to have a better plan!

And I have to write this in her food journal. Ugh! The nutritionist is going to get me :)

Breakfast today was 1 slice low calorie cinnamon raisin bread, low fat turkey sausage links, fruit and milk or she can drink the smoothie I made over the weekend for her fruit and milk. She is eating school lunch.  For dinner we will have baked chicken, greens and a salad.

How was your weekend?

ShareThis